Emails and Responses

Do read the last email from me, puts my despondency in perpective.

Email 1 to the CEO:

Hi Carlos,

I will keep it as short as possible. 

My Experience:
  • Booked a Duster from your showroom in India
  • Car 1 breaks down before me reaching my house from the car dealer.
  • Informed the dealership, asked to keep the same car.
  • After angry argument, get a replacement after a day. My father has to collect it as I am out of country.
  • Drive Car 2, dashboard vibrates and makes noice like anything. Now in garage for repair. Do you make cars in Chennai or China? TQM is total quality management and first point is Customer centricity. I heard you also ran Nissan. The Japanese are master of TQM, your org doesn't understand A of it.
  • No follow up from Renault on how is the car doing. Suzuki does that. You don't. Suzuki is number 1 here. TQM.
  • The car 2 now is in your garage. I don't have a vehicle to go around but then when does Renault care? 
  • Two cars given to me, both fail miserably. You have something seriously wrong in your processes.
  • Your staff is job oriented not customer oriented. Called your centre absolutely pathetic response. Hire better CSR you are not selling mobile talktime plans. You are selling Mid Segment cars.
  • I have invested 800USD in accessories.Asked dealer, please give me back my INR XXXXXXX and my old Suzuki SX4 back. Keep the car with accessory.  The dealer refuses wants me to drive this vibrating piece of "you know what".
  • Two cars both bad!! Carlos, I don't know if you buy cars but what if these were aeroplanes. Would you sit in the 2nd one! Will you put your grandchildren in one of them?
  • This is a car bought from my hard earned money.1st week and it is in garage. I used to drive my parents cars before this. They are huge Suzuki fan and bought 3 Suzukis till now. I rebelled and bought Renault. I am a laughing stock and have gone through extreme anguish and depression.
  • My suggestions for you is put TQM in place. I don't think you have that anywhere in your organisation in India.
  • For my case, as I said before kindly ask your dealer to refund my xx,xx,xxx INR and my old Suzuki SX4 and keep the care with all the accessories I have put in. They are 800USD in cost. They will be able to dupe some other unsuspecting costumer even better.
  • Your daughter has started Levo for young people to learn and discuss professional life related topics. Something like this is needed , a Levo for Companies too. Your company would have to register for TQM as I see it. Don't you agree? I am sure she will agree.
  • Hope to get a response. Will post the same on social media after 24 hours.
DISCLAIMER: I am sending it with my official email id because gmail id's would directly reach your trash. My employer has nothing to do in this matter and this is between Renault and me.

Thanks,
Sanjay Saini


Response from SRC President:

Dear Sir,

We are following up on the correspondence that you have addressed to Mr. Carlos GHOSN, our Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

We understand you wished to draw our President’s attention on an inconvenience you experienced with your Renault Duster.

As Renault India Customer Relations Department remains in charge of your case, we transferred them your correspondence.

They will inform you very soon on their position regarding your request.

We thank you very much for your loyalty to our Brand.

Yours sincerely,


http://group.renault.com/RCW_BINARIES/signature_renault/EMAIL_LOGOS_Groupe_Renault.png

CEO’s Customer Relations Department

QUALITY & TOTAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION DIVISION
API : FR TCR DIA 1 17
1, Avenue du Golf - 78084 GUYANCOURT Cedex – FRANCE

À : KAUR Harpreet <harpreet.kaur@renault.com>
Cc : CHAWLA Neetu <neetu.chawla@renault.com>
Objet : [CEO’s Customer Relations] Why you won't be number 1 in India - Mr Sanjay SAINI

Namaste,

Please find below a communication of a Indian Renault Customer who reached our CEO, Mr Carlos GHOSN.

Please process as usual and provide me with your global feedback once solved.

Best regards

Philippe BARILLON
Customer Relation Advisor
CEO’s Customer Relations
+33 1 76 84 XX XX

http://group.renault.com/RCW_BINARIES/signature_renault/EMAIL_LOGOS_Groupe_Renault.png

QUALITY & TOTAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION DIVISION
API : FR TCR DIA 1 17
1, Avenue du Golf - 78084 GUYANCOURT Cedex - FRANCE
Tel. : +33 1 76 84 xx xx
www.groupe.renault.com


Response Email from India Office

Dear Mr. Saini,

Greetings from Renault India!

This is with reference to your appended mail addressed to our Senior leadership, followed by a telecon with the undersigned.

We’ve noted the contents of your mail and have taken up the same with the concerned teams. In this regard, we’ve also requested Mr. Rinkoo Thusoo from our Area office team to intervene and arrange for your vehicle’s inspection. He shall connect with you shortly.

Please be rest assured that the reported concern shall be attended on priority.

Assuring you of our best attention.

Regards
Harpreet Kaur
Sr. Manager – Customer Support

My Response after waiting for long time:

Dear Mr. Ghosn,

I have been contacted by your after sales team in India to know about the issues I faced. They enquired with the workshop and were convinced that I had a genuine problem. I gave them the following 3 options
  • Take the car and give me a new one. I also said them they can take their time to perfect their systems which to me is clear are nonexistent or on papers only. Give me a new car which they can be absolutely sure, works without breaking down. I have spent 800 USD on this car already so If you can refund that it would be good if not I am ready to take a hit. I don't expect any customer delight from Renault anymore.
  • Return me my INR XXXXXXX and my old Suzuki SX4. Again if they can refund the 800USD well and good else keep it as a memento.
  • I go on social media and take peoples' opinion about what should be next course of action?
So, I am starting with you by asking which of the above 3 would be a suitable option if you were in my place?

Your organisation has told me that I should take the car back because they have fixed it. Gives me an impression the ideal segment for you is cheap cars not mid segment cars. I bought a costly car by Indian standards, I was expecting some sort of standards maintained. It is apparent there are none. Take it back because we have fixed it. Really?? This is the best Renault has to offer. Companies are humans when they have to pay taxes but inhuman remorseless entities when dealing with customers they have screwed over. 

Kindly help me in this regard. I am asking for your advice. You are CEO of a very big organisation. I will value it.
Please note I will be sharing these conversations on my facebook and twitter feeds tomorrow evening 8 PM IST. How do you want to be portrayed in the whole saga will be decided by you.
 
DISCLAIMER: I am sending it with my official email id because gmail id's would directly reach your trash. My employer has nothing to do in this matter and this is between Renault and me.

Thanks and awaiting your response,
Sanjay Saini

No Response Even After This So Another Email sent:

Hello,

This is Day 4 since I emailed Groupe Renaulte CEO and received his response. I am still in a limbo here and await your response. It is a good reflection on why we ended up here in the first place. Please note the fact that you have the lemon you gave me is at your workshop for the past 4 days and you haven't come up with a solution however bitter or sweet till now. I had made my options clear quite early in the whole saga. 

This shows you need to improve a million times to achieve objective one of Total Quality Management, i.e., Customer centricity. Customers are like kids and when their toys break the moment they started playing with it, they are not interested in a Root Cause Analysis of the why the toy broke. They are interested in immediate rectification of the whole problem. 

These delays on your part reflect badly and the more you delay more bad they will look when I take a public or legal recourse.

Thanks
Sanjay Saini

The last extremely despondent mail, even this wasn't replied:

Dear Mr. Ghosn,

This will be another small email. I intend to make you aware what your car means to a customer when he buys it and when you fail to deliver how you end up affecting the person. It is not a car you are selling to the customer. It is not a metal cart which the customer wants. Not when he is paying 22000 USD for it. A metal cart he can get for 7000 USD that works equally well or equally bad. What he wants is:
  • A milestone in his journey as a person. A symbol that he has moved ahead. A medallion that reminds him, he is on the right path to success. A celebration of his effort and hard work. When you fail to deliver a simple thing as a working car you are shattering that milestone, that medallion and that celebration.
  • A smile on face of his family members for they now have something better today than what they had yesterday and gives them hope that they would have something better tomorrow. 
    • A mother awaits somewhere with the ritualistic plate to worship the car. Yes we worship cars too. It is not just a metal cart for us you see.
    •  A proud father awaits to see his son's first car. He is proud that his son's first car is better than all the cars he has bought till now. His son has progressed. 
    • An elder brother who was part of every discussion of the purchase from afar, eagerly awaits to take it for a drive where he can give his opinions. 
    • A sister in law waits smiling for we were to go on long family trips through the desert rains. 
    • When you fail to deliver you leave all of them unhappy, unsure and unfulfilled.
  • A little envy from his friends, for their cars are old and the customer has something of a beauty to brag about. When you fail to deliver you take away that little pleasure of owning the newest, bestest car.
  • A partner on his journey and his struggles. His Joie de vivre. An escape from his recent losses. When you fail to deliver you take all that away and destroy dreams, pulling the customer from cloud 9 to hell.
When you fail you don't just fail, you destroy, shatter and maim the trust the customer has reposed in you by making you party to his dreams, his hopes and his celebrations. It is not you who welcomes him to your "Renault family", it is he who welcomes you into his. When you fail to deliver you betray that trust.

This is not how my weekend was supposed to be. You can get an idea what it was supposed to be like. But here I lay alone, wondering at 2 AM at night, being without my car waiting for your judgement on my plight, for "being a weekend it is difficult to get a response" from your company. Humbly request you to give me a solution as soon as possible or an acceptance of your inability to treat me with the fairness I deserve.

DISCLAIMER: I am sending it with my official email id because gmail id's would directly reach your trash. My employer has nothing to do in this matter and this is between Renault and me.

Thanks,
Sanjay Saini



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story - Duster Fail